How Telstra Smart Home works.
The Telstra Smart Home app makes it easy for
you to talk to your smart home devices with
Once you activate your Smart Home Cloud & Service plan, you can use your Telstra Smart Home app to set up automated instructions to tell your smart home cameras, lights and sensors what to do, and when to do it.
You only need to set up automations once and the Smart Home Hub will remember them for you.
Using the app & web portal
Simple and easy to use, the Telstra Smart Home app will guide you every step of the way – from setting up your hub and adding your devices, to creating your first automation and managing your smart home on a daily basis.
The app and the web portal allow you to:
- Set up your Telstra Smart Home Kit and additional devices.
- Add devices to your Telstra Smart Home and manage their settings.
- Create automations to control your devices and have alerts sent to you.
- Check on things at home when you're not there.
- Review device activity in and around your home.
Smart Home Hub
The Smart Home Hub connects all your smart home devices. Let them talk to one another through the automations you create, and talk to you via the app or web portal. The hub is an essential component, so we’ve included it in our Telstra Smart Home Kits.
The hub plugs into a power outlet in your home and connects to your Wi-Fi. You don’t need to be a Telstra broadband customer as our hub works with any broadband provider that has Universal Plug and Play (UPNP) enabled, a feature on most Wi-Fi modems.
Telstra Smart Home devices work seamlessly with the Smart Home Hub and the app. We’ve handpicked a range of best of breed smart home devices to bring your home to life. Rest assured, the devices have been tried, tested and are powered by Telstra.
Our Telstra Smart Home Kits include the hub and a selection of devices to get you started.
We also have a range of additional devices that you can purchase at any time to take your smart home to the next level, including:
- Indoor and Outdoor Cameras
- Smart Speakers
- Smart Lighting
- Smart Thermostat
- Water Leak Detector
- Roost smart smoke alarm battery
Automations bring your smart home to life
The key to a great smart home is creating automations. An automation is an instruction that tells a smart home device what to do and when to do it. The Smart Home Hub can talk to the devices, and the devices can talk to each other, but you’re the one who tells them what to do. It’s easy to set up automations in the Telstra Smart Home app or web portal.
For example, you can tell your smart home to switch off the lights and appliances at 9am when everyone leaves for school or work, and again at 10pm when everyone goes to bed. Or, ask the outdoor camera to keep an eye on the backyard and take a video or picture if you’re away from the house and it detects motion.
Automations can also send you alerts that tell you what’s going on in your home when you’re not around. For example, if the door sensor at the rear of the house picks up that the back door is open, it can notify you with an SMS or email. Need a picture of your backyard? Smart home can email it to you.
Smart Home Cloud & Service plan
The Smart Home Cloud & Service plan is an essential part of your Telstra Smart Home. Once activated, the plan provides you with:
- Access to the Telstra Smart Home app, and the ability to create and schedule automations.
- 30 days of cloud storage for 100 videos and 200 images per day – recorded by your smart home camera/s.
- 24/7 access to our team of smart home tech experts who can assist you when you need help.
- Management of your home by getting your smart home devices interacting with each other.
- Peace of mind that we constantly monitor and upgrade the security and usability of our app, our range of devices, and continue to add new devices to our range.
- A month-to-month subscription (you will need an active subscription to control your smart home devices).
- $10/mth for customers with an existing home broadband service or mobile on a personal plan with Telstra.
- $15/mth for customers without an existing home broadband service or mobile on a personal plan with Telstra.
More on Telstra Smart Home
Telstra Smart Home: Requires a home broadband connection and home Wi-Fi network and must be activated via the free iOS or Android Telstra Smart Home app (data charges may apply).
Questions about Telstra Smart Home? We can help.
Have a question about smart home? Chat with our Live Chat team, they’re available 24/7.
Want to speak to us over the phone? Our smart home tech experts are available 24/7. Call us on 13 22 00 and say "smart home support".
Learn how to get the most out of your smart home through CrowdSupport? – our online community.